Monday, March 9, 2015

Happy Birthday - Floral Vellum


Happy 88th Birthday - Floral Vellum
 
 
Today's post is a card I made for my Aunt Millie's 88th birthday. She was my mother's sister-in-law and is the last of that generation in our family. She is a sweet dear lady, having raised ten children with my late uncle. I've lost count of her grandchildren!

I have entered the card in a challenge at The Paper Players.

I recently received the new Sheer Perfection designer vellum pack from Stampin' Up! and used it on the card. More details are below.

The picture was taken outside and the breeze picked up the left side of the vellum ever so slightly during the taking of the photo.

On the card front I backed the vellum with DSP in Crisp Cantaloupe so the pattern would show through the white portion of the vellum. It was then all adhered to a piece of Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock popped up on Basic Gray cardstock. I added an embossed layer of white onto the gray card base. The sentiment is stamped on a piece of plain white vellum and also popped up. The card is to be mailed so with that in mind it has a low profile.

The inside of the card is stamped off with a flower in Basic Gray ink then stamped over with a birthday poem in Crisp Cantaloupe ink. The envelope was also embellished to match.

Techniques: Dry embossing, stamping on vellum

Recipe: Products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise indicated.
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White, white vellum
DSP: In-color background paper stack (Crisp Cantaloupe print), Sheer Perfection Vellum (floral design)
Ink: Basic Gray, Crisp Cantaloupe
Stamps: Crazy About You stamp set (sentiment) and MFT Spring stamp set (interior)
Embossing Folder: retired SU! design
Other: Fun foam to pop up the focal image and the sentiment, pearls from my stash, mini glue dots to adhere vellum.
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Melanie! Love the colors and that printed vellum adds the perfect touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv this card...I wish I could have seen it before it went out the door. Vellum and pearls are always a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet she loves this card! SO pretty! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete