Monday, November 2, 2015

Grendon Wreath

This new Grendon Wreath die is becoming a favorite. This is the second time I have used it but the first time I have inlaid the leaves. The design was inspired by the Hand Stamped Sentiments Sketch Challenge #223.

Because the wreath is the focal point, I decided to keep the other elements free of additional embellishments and applied everything directly to the card base. I also prefer to have the card open to the side when it is oriented as landscape because it will stand more easily.

The wreath was die cut in black cardstock and the leaves were inlaid and then covered in clear Wink of Stella. Sometimes the Wink coating does not photo well and I found that it makes the card look messy in photos. The chevrons were punched in two colors and the stars were die cut.

The inside of the card was lined with a panel of cardstock that was punched along the right edge with the chevrons.

Visit HSS Challenge #223 for creative ideas and fun!

Techniques: Die cutting, punching, inlaid die cuts
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")

Materials are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted:
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black
Dies: Memory Box "Grendon Wreath" and SU! Stars Framelits
Punch: SU! Chevron Border
Misc.: Wink of Stella (clear)

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty Melanie! I love that wreath, so delicate. And the colors are great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool and funky wreath! The colors are great too! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your choice of colors for this fun wreath! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great die cut! Love how you colored pieces of it. I agree that your fun color choices make the card card cute. Thanks for playing with us at HSS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment. Just to clarify, the leaves on the wreath are inlaid with cardstock die cuts, not colored with pen or ink.

      Delete
  5. What a bright card...love it. I like the way you used the inside strip from your chevron cutouts...I did this with my leaves on my card with the kid pulling the cart of pumpkins. Worth saving those cutout pieces.

    ReplyDelete