Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Thankful Scarecrow

Digital images are not something I use often and I don't know why! The orientation and size are flexible and they take up no shelf space in my tiny room. This image was designed by The Doodle Pantry. I was inspired to make this card by three challenges: Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 Sketch #230, Can You Case It? Theme Challenge #93, and The Paper Players Theme Challenge #269.
































The card base was stamped to achieve the wood grain look. The image was printed on cardstock, colored with Spectrum Noir Markers and the sentiment stamped. I purposely colored the birds to be bluebirds rather than crows. The image was die cut in a stitched oblong shape rather than an oval in order to balance the image, and the edges were sponged with ink. The oblong was backed with craft foam for dimension. The SSW2 sketch has three horizontal strips so I interpreted the fence in the image to represent those strips. The inside of the card was lined with cardstock and decorated with stamped pumpkins.

Please take a few minutes to visit the Doodle PantrySSW2#230, CYCI#93, and PP269 for creative ideas and join the challenges!

Techniques: Stamping, coloring, die cutting, sponging
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")

Materials are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted:
Stamps: Hardwood, Simon Says Stamp Petal Pieces (sentiment)
Inks: Baked Brown Sugar, Pumpkin Pie, Spectrum Noir markers
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Baked Brown Sugar
Die: My Favorite Things "Stitched Rounded Rectangles"
Misc.: craft foam

12 comments:

  1. Love your card Melanie especially your digital image, something I always use and think that my stamps are totally redundant, honestly I can't remember when I used a stamp last may have been last Christmas to put a sentiment in a card. Love your card especially this image and your lovely colours and love the wood grain. Great card and thanks so much for sharing with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW2~DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute Fall card! Love the wood paper and your fantastic coloring. Thanks for joining us this week. Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hello neighbor (ex-neighbor ... I grew up not far from Luke AFB but followed my hubby to Peterson AFB) I love your card. Such a fun Fall card. Glad to see a Doodle Pantry image too. Please come back for more challenges.
    ~Jo, SSW2-DT, Doodle Pantry-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet scarecrow, much prefer your bluebirds to crows.
    Thank you for playing along with us this week.
    Anne SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie, this is just adorable! I love that little scarecrow and your coloring is fabulous! The woodgrain background is perfect! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome card Melanie! Love your little scarecrow, the image is perfectly colored and the woodgrain background is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melanie, can this be any more cuter? Incredible coloring!!! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and cute scarecrow! Perfect Fall colors too.

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!! LOve the scarecrow! Great card!! Thanks for joining us @ CYCI!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Mel...the combination of colors and coloring is fantastic. I have a scarecrow digital too, maybe I'll use it for a challenge...still a lot of fall left and love that time of year. Were you able to make this in Inkspirational Challenge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. Fall is my favorite time of year. Like you, I miss the falls we had in New York State. In answer to your question, I was limited to three challenges. Since I already had an entry at Inkspirational, I did not enter again with this card.

      Delete