Thursday, September 29, 2016

Grow with Love

10/03/2016 Update: Emerald Award at Color Dare #212.






Today's card was made for three challenges. The color challenge was most
difficult because nowhere did I have the color Pansy until I saw the glitter paper in my stash. The talented Design Team was a big help in combining these colors. And the sketch challenge provided a layout that I loosely interpreted to create the end result. I will be mailing this to a family member in Florida who has an October birthday.

Click on the photos for a closer view. In this photo, the Wink of Stella did not photograph well.


On a white card base, a panel of glitter paper was adhered and framed. Next, a panel of DSP with tiny hearts and stamped off with the floral design was framed and adhered with foam tape. The focal point was made by heat embossing the image in black, adding color with an Aqua Painter and dye inks and adding a coat of clear Wink of Stella. It was backed with a panel of black cardstock and also popped up for dimension. Sequins were added. The inside of the card was decorated with stamping the flowers with black ink and coloring with an Aqua Painter and dye ink.

My card is going into three challenges:
1. Color My Heart: Color Dare #212









2. The Paper Players #314









3. Happy Little Stamper September Anything Goes with Dies

Techniques: Heat embossing, stamping, watercoloring, die cutting
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")

CTMH Materials
Inks: Thistle, Eggplant
DSP: Penelope Collection

Stampin' Up! Materials
Stamps: "Helping Me Grow"
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black
Misc.: Dimensionals foam tape

Other Materials
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, black journaling pen
Paper: The Paper Studio Lilac Glitter (sub for Pansy)
Dies: Reverse Confetti "Fancy Words" and Simon Says Stamp "Double Stitched Rectangles"
Misc.: Wink of Stella (clear), Pretty Pink Posh sequins

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful design with amazing sparkle!
    Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that is beautiful Melanie! I love the sparkly paper and the shade of purple are perfect. Great card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the glitter and shimmer you added. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card, Melanie! Love all the purple elements and the bit of sparkle. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Melanie. I love the glittery sparkles! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost forgot to put a comment here after I critiqued your photo colors. Beautiful card...love the glitter and the embossed focal point and layering of your card. thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare, and I'm brining with me the Jeepers Creepers to the crop if you want to use it for the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the Jeepers Creepers paper but I have plans to make Thanksgiving cards at the crop. That is, if I don't spend the day talking and guzzling coffee. I'll take a raincheck on the paper.

      Delete
  7. The purple glitter paper behind adds a perfect backdrop for the focal floral image that you chose for the front of your card. The shimmer isn't overwhelming but just enough to pull the shimmer from the flowers out. This is beautiful and I'm sure the recipient will adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, Melanie! I love how you incorporated the glitter paper and wink of stella into the card. Thanks for sharing this wonderful card with us at the Color Dare blog--please join usa again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete