Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Let's Fiesta with Kokopelli!

Living in Arizona, I frequently see images of Kokopelli. I have a metal likeness of him on the wall of my screened porch and he always makes me smile, reminding me of serendipity, the occurrence of events by chance in a happy way. More about the legend of Kokopelli can be found HERE. The card layout is taken from a sketch.





On a white card base, a panel of copper glitter paper was adhered. The inside
of the card was stamped with a cactus for decoration. The cactus and Kokopelli images were stamped on white cardstock, fussy cut and adhered using Dimensionals foam. The sentiments were heat embossed using copper embossing powder. A strip if glitter paper was adhered to ground the images. After liberally sponging the edges of the panel, it was backed with craft foam and adhered to the card base.
My card is being submitted to CAS(E) This Sketch #190:




Techniques: Stamping, sponging, fussy cutting, heat embossing
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")

Stampin' Up! Materials
Inks: Wild Wasabi, Lucky Limeade, Cajun Craze
Cardstock: Whisper White
Other: Dimensionals foam

Other Materials:
Stamps: Paper Smooches "Southwestern Charm"
Ink: Versamark
Glitter Paper: The Paper Studio Solid Copper (Hobby Lobby)
Other: Hero Arts copper embossing powder

3 comments:

  1. What a neat card Melanie! I love your clean design and the glitter paper adds the perfect touch, love the copper too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful take on the sketch--love the Kokopelli!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun! The cactus and the Kokopelli fit perfectly together... and as a musician, I have to say that I am thrilled to see that the music notes are facing the correct direction (that is often NOT the case!) Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete