Sunday, December 4, 2016

Celebrate - Masculine Birthday

12/07/2016 Update: Top Three winner at Cardz 4 Guyz #48.


This is my second post today... very unusual. My husband played a little poker today and I had the house to myself for a few hours. I actually finished four birthday cards, made two personalized Christmas cards, and posted two items! I still need to finish my "bulk" Christmas cards.
My "baby" brother will celebrate his 58th birthday next week. The technique I chose is an oldie but goody: stamping with an embossing folder. The technique is all over You Tube but the effect is always unique. HERE is a tutorial to use if necessary. It has optional steps that I elected not to use.
Ink was applied to the embossing folder, then it was stamped. A panel of vanilla cardstock was placed inside the folder and it was embossed. A marker was used to emphasize the birch dark spots and a slight shadow on the side of the birches. The panel was sponged along the edge, backed with foam tape and adhered to a card base. The sentiment was cut from two dies, adhered together, backed with foam tape and adhered. The inside of the card was lined with vanilla cardstock and stamped with trees and a "Happy Birthday" sentiment.

The card is being submitted to the following challenges:
1. Cardz 4 Guyz #48:
(Use something beginning with "T" - Tree)


2. Brown Sugar Challenge #227 - Anything Goes:








3. Happy Little Stampers December Challenge - Anything Goes with Dies:


Techniques: Stamping with embossing folder, stamping, sponging, die cutting
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")

Stampin' Up! Materials
Stamp set: "Lovely As a Tree" & "Curly Cute" (inside sentiment)
Inks: Pool Party, Garden Green, Tip Top Taupe
Stampin' Write Markers: River Rock, Tip Top Taupe
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Pool Party, Tip Top Taupe
Misc.: Dimensionals  foam, Woodland TIEF

Other Material
Dies: Neat & Tangled two-part dies "Celebrate"

Please let me know if you have questions. I enjoy reading your comments.

7 comments:

  1. I love this card Melanie! Great use of that embossing folder, perfect colors too! The sentiment tops it off perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the look of that technique, must have a go myself!
    Perfect for this week's C4G challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brother will love your special card, Melanie. Love the look of the embossed trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, I must give this technique a try. I love your trees. Thanks for joining in the fun at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The trees look so perfect - a great technique! What an awesome birthday card for your brother - I'm sure he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great technique...I'm going to look up that tutorial. Very effective scene...beautiful. Two dies for the sentiment...Mel you need to make a New Year's Resolution to get together weekly to work with the Cricut design space...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! I love this! Those trees are gorgeous... all of them! Great man card....and beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete