Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Pop-up Valentine

02/23/2017 Update: This pop-up valentine was a winner at Creative Corner Challenges.

My 2017 valentines are finished. I only send a few to family members each year. I was inspired to make this pop-up card for a few challenges, keeping it low profile for easy mailing.
The card base was die cut so the hearts would pivot when opened. The card was decorated with die cut hearts in varying sizes, stamping and pretty paper. The right edges of the card were also die cut with stitched scallops.


This card is being submitted to:

1. The Paper Players Valentine Challenge #330







2. Creative Corner "Perfectly Pink" Challenge



3. Dragonfly Journeys "Love Is in the Air" Valentine Challenge #85





Techniques: Stamping, die cutting, Pop-up fun fold
Size: A2

Stampin' Up! Materials
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Pretty in Pink

Other Materials
Stamps: Paper Smooches "Lots of Love"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
DSP: Photoplay XOXO
Dies: Elizabeth Craft

6 comments:

  1. Melanie, how FUN is this Valentine! I love the pivoting hearts and the color combo! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these does are fabulous! Love how the hearts open up and it's a great color combination...thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melanie! Super sweet Valentine and a fun layout too. Thanks so much for joining my Love is in the Air blog challenge :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable, and I love how it is interactive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Such a cool design! You know.. Paper Smooches has a love challenge too... just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have a tutorial on this? I think I want to use this design for a future card...for St. Patty's. Email me with where I can get these instructions. Congrats on your win, and also you have Paper Smooches, why not enter it there too?

    ReplyDelete