Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Your Special Day

Sometimes when I look at a sketch for a challenge, I draw a blank. Other times, I know precisely what I'm going to do. I was at a loss as to what I wanted to do for the sketch below until I viewed Kathleen's video HERE. It was instant inspiration when I saw her card. She granted permission for me to CASE her card and this is my version.
Easy to assemble, the black cardstock was adhered to the white panel. A scrap of honey cardstock was sponged with mustard ink and die cut to symbolize a honeycomb. (Aren't hexagons fabulous?) The sentiment was stamped. The bees were stamped, fussy cut (I forgot I have the die set) and adhered with Dimensionals. A touch of honey ink from a marker was added to the bees and they were coated in clear Wink of Stella to give them a soft glimmer.
The inside of the card was lined with white cardstock. The lower right hand corner was stamped and trimmed to give it shape. The sentiment was die cut from black cardstock.
 
Inside of card:
The card is being submitted to:

1. CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge #212










2. Happy Little Stampers March Challenge
    (Anything Goes with Dies)



Techniques: Stamping, sponging, die cutting, fussy cutting, coloring
Size: A2

Stampin' Up! Materials
Stamps: "Dragonfly Dreams"
Ink: More Mustard
Stampin' Write Dye Markers: Hello Honey, Basic Black (dash lines)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Hello Honey
Misc.: Dimensionals foam

Other Materials
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Dies: Paper Smooches "Honeycomb" & "Happy Birthday Words"
Misc.: ZIG Wink of Stella (clear)

5 comments:

  1. That's fantastic Melanie! I love the little bee and that honeycomb die cut is awesome! Great colors and design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card..Great design..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies challenge. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really used the sketch well with the bees and that great honeycomb shape. Nice how you added some of the shapes inside of the card to bring the inside and out together. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your Paper Smooches word dies...lol... I love them too! I need more... Love this card... the honeycomb die is pretty cool... I might need one of those... and those bees.. so pretty... mom doesn't like bees... you probably know that though...lol...

    ReplyDelete