Thursday, October 5, 2017

A Basket of Blessings

10/10/2017 Update: Winner of the Sapphire Award at Color Dare Challenge #262.






I don't like to do anything in a hurry or under pressure. I like to plan, think and take my time, however, that doesn't always work out in the real world.
The card I am posting is in response to a color challenge that I allowed to overwhelm me because of the EIGHT colors. I did not have the coordinating paper pack for these colors, so I put it off until the last minute figuring, later, later. Like some brilliant idea was going to strike like lightning. I finally decided to get busy and give it a try. That's when I discovered I needed a minimum of FIVE colors, which is still a lot since most challenges are three. Now I was out of time... so here it is.

The front of the card base was texturized with swirls using a die. The basket and floral images were stamped, colored with Copic markers and fussy cut. The bow was die cut and colored. The card base was embossed and the various elements were adhered to the card. The basket, flowers and bow were backed with foam tape. The sentiment was stamped directly onto the card. The inside was lined with a panel of white cardstock and decorated with a die-cut bow.

The card is being submitted to:

1. Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #262.








2. Sketch Saturday Challenge #483 (pick any sketch from the archives)








Technique: Coloring, stamping, die cutting, fussy cutting
Size: A2

Materials
Stamps: Stampin' Up! "Basket of Wishes"
Inks: Copic Alcohol Markers; Stampin' Up! Basic Gray (sentiment)
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Cucumber Crush, Smoky Slate
Dies: Stampin' Up! "Wonderful Wreath" (bow); Lil' Inker Designs "Stitched Spirals"
Misc.: Stampin' Up! Dimensionals (foam tape)

3 comments:

  1. Looks lightening must have struck! Love your coloring! Thanks for joining us at the Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the swirled background and your little basket of flowers is just perfect! Great card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. See it wasn't too bad, a little overwhelming when you see all the colors but you put them together well. Love the background stitchery and your colorful basket of flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare this past week, fewer colors the next couple weeks, make sure you check them out.

    ReplyDelete