Saturday, November 11, 2017

Red Rocks Birthday - Masculine

11/12/2017 Update: Triple Winner of Favorite of the Week at Splitcoast Stampers for the week ending 11/11/2017.

Over the past few months I have taken a few Copic classes. Here is a card that I made using some of the new techniques that I have learned. It reminds me of Sedona, Arizona, only a few hours from where I live. I have already addressed an envelope to the recipient - a friend of ours who plays poker with my husband will be celebrating a birthday in a few days.
The card was easy to assemble. The image was stamped and colored. The brads were added then the panels were adhered to a white card base.

This card is being submitted to:

1. Addicted to Stamps and More #267



2. Color Throwdown #468







3. AAA Cards #102 (Ink Blending)







Techniques: Stamping, Ink Blending w/Copics
Size: A2

Materials
Stamp: C. C. Designs
Inks: Copic Alcohol Markers
Cardstock: White (made for alcohol ink); Kraft, green, orange from stash
Misc.: Brads from stash

8 comments:

  1. Quite spectacular use of colour. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that is stunning Melanie! Your coloring is just perfect, such a beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing colouring of this scene; one that I'd love to step in to! Your work with copics...oh my! A most impressive way to 'make your mark'! Thank you for joining us in the Addicted to Stamps and More gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie, this is an amazing colouring. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your copic classes are paying off...your card is beautiful and so reminds me of Sadona...need to make a trip there soon, are you in for it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. If this is the result of "a few classes" to learn about colouring with Copic markers, I am AMAZED! This scene is incredible and makes me feel like I am looking at a picture instead of a coloured card. The use of colour and shading is remarkable and so true to life. Congratulations, Melanie - this should be framed! It is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If that's what a few classes in Copic coloring can do, I can't imagine how accomplished you'd be after more. This is outstanding, Melanie. Thanks for sharing it with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful scene beautifully colored. TFS.

    ReplyDelete