Monday, December 25, 2017

All Is Calm, All Is Bright


After making a prototype of this card, I changed a few things and made a batch of 20 of them. I gifted 10 to a friend and I used 10 of them with my own stash of cards.
Using white cardstock, I stamped the tree image with Versamark and added a type of embossing powder that gives a rough texture. To achieve maximum texture, I used the heat tool on the back of the card first. Next, the snowflake images and sentiment were stamped using Versamark ink and heat embossed using a silver pearl powder.
The inside of the card was decorated with a die cut scalloped oval from white glitter paper and a plain oval that had been heat embossed with a sentiment using the silver pearl powder. The bow on the top of the tree was die cut from white glitter paper as well. The card front was backed with foam tape and adhered to the white card base.

I found a couple of challenges not yet closed so decided to add the card to these blogs:

1. Color My Heart Color Dare #273 (Use non-traditional colors or white on white.)







2. Dies R Us #85 (Use white on white.)





Techniques: Stamping, heat embossing, die cutting
Size: A2

Materials
Stamps: Paper Trey "In the Meadow", Stampin' Up! Christmas Bliss (inside)
Inks: Versamark
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White
Paper: Stampin' Up! White Glimmer
Dies: Peachy Cheap Bow, Spellbinders Classic Ovals & Scalloped Ovals
Misc.: Fun foam, WOW! Silver Pearl EP, Stampendous Sparkle & Puff 3-D EP, CTMH Shimmer Trim (white)

4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Melanie! Love the white on white embossing, perfect for a Christmas card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can attest that these are beautiful and sparkly...thank you my friend for my Chritmas card...gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us at Color Dare December Holiday Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Melanie!!! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘White on White’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I love the monochromatic! Thank you for joining us with our non-traditional Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete